Don’t Be Shy
Find Out More
Invite us to speak with your company, youth group, faith community, or any other group. We offer free presentations about homelessness in our area, how concerned citizens can be most helpful about neighbors experiencing homelessness,and how we work to end it.
Our community presentations can last between 15 minutes and one hour and we will travel to your location or host you at ours. We can coordinate a community presentation with any one of the following opportunities:
- Donation drive: collect toiletries and/or household items for people experiencing homelessness or moving into their own homes with our support
- Housewarming: bring personally-chosen items to someone settling into their new home
- Real Estate Agents Combating Homelessness (REACH) Fund: find out how you as real estate agents, allied professionals, or concerned citizens can help us end chronic homelessness
- Workplace giving: we receive funding through the United Way of Asheville and Buncombe County and the Combined Federal Campaign. We’re happy to do a presentation or table at an event to let employees know about the possibility of donating to us through these campaigns or through one company’s initiative.
- Collection at a faith community: some faith communities have chosen us to take up a collection for and we’d love to give brief remarks about how this generosity helps out mission.
- Individual or group volunteering opportunities: learn how you can help out at AHOPE, Room in the Inn, or the Welcome Home Donation Center
Please give us more details about the kind of community presentation you’d like to have in the form below and we’ll be in touch to coordinate logistics and schedule with you.
Tell us more about a presentation you’d like to schedule with us here:
“We all enjoyed our trip over and meeting Mary. It gave time for us to talk to her and it was way very personalized from a donation perspective. When collecting items, we knew we were collecting them for a specific person who had requested them.To be able to do that helps to move it out of the ‘charity bucket’ for me and into something much more meaningful.”
Phone and Email
M-F: 8am – 5pm
37 Montford Ave
Asheville, NC 28801
Homeward Bound Main Office
The Homeward Bound community includes caring staff, volunteers, board members, and people experiencing or moving out of homelessness. We believe that housing is a human right and use the “Housing First” national best practice to end homelessness. We care about the most vulnerable among us and work every day to help them improve their lives. Join us!
Ask A Question
After moving into a home, you soon discover household items that you didn’t realize you needed or wanted when you moved in. Your business, church, or youth group can provide a housewarming event for a newly-housed Homeward Bound client. Your team will receive a small list of items selected by the client that will make them feel more at home.
Once you have collected the requested items, a Homeward Bound staff member will work with you to schedule a day and time for the housewarming. On the housewarming day your team (up to five people), along with a Homeward Bound case manager, will deliver the items to our client. This is a wonderful event that creates an opportunity to see firsthand what housing means to our clients.
To learn more, please email Ashley Campbell at email@example.com or call her at 828.777.1886.