I am so grateful and thankful that Homeward Bound was here when I desperately needed them. I don’t know what would have happened to me if they hadn’t come along.
people experience homelessness on any given night in Buncombe County
Donate online or send a check to
Homeward Bound of WNC
PO BOX 1166
Asheville, NC 28802
You can help provide a home
Want to create lasting change?
One of the easiest ways to support Homeward Bound’s mission of ending homelessness is by making a monthly recurring donation through your debit or credit card. When you give online, there are no checks to mail, stamps to buy and much of the expense and hassle are eliminated.
A monthly donation allows you to spread the financial impact of your giving across the entire year, lessening a one-time drain on your resources. Also, recurring gifts help Homeward Bound as we can more accurately predict income in advance, which helps with longer range budgeting and decision-making.
We consider our supporters who choose to give to Homeward Bound on a monthly recurring basis our Loyalty Patrons.
Join Homeward Bound’s Key Society
The Key Society Giving Circle provides leadership funding for Homeward Bound’s work to end homelessness.
Participants contribute a minimum of $1,200 a year in one-time or monthly donations.
Perks of joining The Key Society Giving Circle include invitations to exclusive receptions where you can mingle with like-minded people and community leaders, learn insider updates about Homeward Bound’s work, and receive early notification and invitations to events, delicious dining, and performances.
Every dollar contributed leverages $4 in government funding. Contributions support each of Homeward Bound’s programs, including the AHOPE Day Center, Room in the Inn, PATH Outreach and our Permanent Supportive Housing programs.
Hotelier John McKibbon recently received a tribute for his support of Homeward Bound, pictured with Jim Lowder and Ashley Campbell
Other Ways to Donate
Contact Jim Lowder, Strategic Gifts Officer, to donate stock or through your IRA at 828-337-4623 or email Jim@HomewardBoundWNC.org
It’s simple and easy. When you donate stock to charity, you’ll generally take a tax deduction for the full fair market value. Would you prefer to donate bonds or mutual funds? The same benefits apply.
IRA Charitable Rollovers
Taxpayers who are 70 ½ and older can make an IRA transfer of up to $100,000 directly to Homeward Bound and claim it as a tax-free IRA Charitable Rollover gift. You can make a Charitable Rollover gift to Homeward Bound of WNC by following these guidelines:
- You must be 70 ½ or older when you make the gift and it must be from a traditional or Roth IRA. Retirement plans such as 401(K), 403(b), SIMPLE or SEP accounts do not quality.
- You may contribute up to $100,000 per individual, per year. Thus a spouses or partners can each give $100,000 from separate IRA accounts.
- Distributions must be made directly to Homeward Bound of WNC and completed by Dec. 31.
- The IRA charitable distribution is not included in your taxable income so there is not charitable deduction available.
- Transfers also count toward your required minimum distribution.
- The IRA charitable distribution may be used to fulfill a pledge.
- The IRA Charitable Rollover provision is a win-win for both you and Homeward Bound. It’s a way to take advantage of an incentive in the tax code and make a difference in the lives of many people in our community experiencing homelessness.
Initiatives You Support
Homeward Bound moves people who are homeless into their own homes and provides financial and supportive services for as long as it takes for them to achieve stability.
Homeward Bound’s AHOPE Day Center is often the only place that people who live outside can go for services, which makes it a powerful outreach and engagement tool in our community.
Homeward Bound’s Veterans Housing Services Program works closely with community partners to ensure each veteran household receives the most appropriate housing intervention.