Donate today to have your gift matched by our Creating Hope and Homes $100, 000 Matching Gift Challenge through Dec. 31st. You can help end homelessness today!
Donate below or send a check or money order to:
Homeward Bound of WNC
PO BOX 1166
Asheville, NC 28802
The Key Society
The Key Society Giving Circle provides leadership funding for Homeward Bound’s work to end homelessness. Participants contribute a minimum of $1,200 a year in one-time or monthly donations.
Every dollar contributed leverages $4 in government funding. Contributions support each of Homeward Bound’s programs, including the AHOPE Day Center, Room in the Inn, PATH Outreach and our Permanent Supportive Housing programs. What can $1,200 pay for in our budget?
- Securing ID cards for 50 people
- Providing bus passes for 120 people for a month
- Furnishing homes when our folks move into them
- Providing case management for someone in housing for a year
- Individual members of the Key Society currently contribute between $1,200 and $50,000 annually. Businesses, faith communities, and civic organizations can also join. Consider joining Homeward Bound’s Key Society today to help lead the way to ending homelessness in our area. You’ll be part of a group that creates a sustainable and diverse community where everyone has a safe and dignified place to call home
Give a monthly donation and become a Loyalty Patron
One of the easiest ways to support Homeward Bound’s mission of ending homelessness is by making a monthly recurring donation through your debit or credit card. When you give online, there are no checks to mail, stamps to buy and much of the expense and hassle are eliminated. A monthly donation allows you to spread the financial impact of your giving across the entire year, lessening a one-time drain on your resources. Also, recurring gifts help Homeward Bound as we can more accurately predict income in advance, which helps with longer range budgeting and decision-making. We consider our supporters who choose to give to Homeward Bound on a monthly recurring basis our Loyalty Patrons. Your loyal support for Homeward Bound enables us to do the important work of ending homelessness in our community. For more information contact Ruby Koch-Fienberg at Ruby@homewardboundwnc.org or call 828-785-9840.
IRA Charitable Rollovers
Taxpayers who are 70 ½ and older can make an IRA transfer of up to $100,000 directly to Homeward Bound and claim it as a tax-free IRA Charitable Rollover gift. You can make a Charitable Rollover gift to Homeward Bound of WNC by following these guidelines:
- You must be 70 ½ or older when you make the gift and it must be from a traditional or Roth IRA. Retirement plans such as 401(K), 403(b), SIMPLE or SEP accounts do not quality.
- You may contribute up to $100,000 per individual, per year. Thus a spouses or partners can each give $100,000 from separate IRA accounts.
- Distributions must be made directly to Homeward Bound of WNC and completed by Dec. 31.
- The IRA charitable distribution is not included in your taxable income so there is not charitable deduction available.
- Transfers also count toward your required minimum distribution.
- The IRA charitable distribution may be used to fulfill a pledge.
- The IRA Charitable Rollover provision is a win-win for both you and Homeward Bound. It’s a way to take advantage of an incentive in the tax code and make a difference in the lives of many people in our community experiencing homelessness.
For more information about a gift of an IRA charitable distribution or a gift of stocks, contact Strategic Gifts Officer Jim Lowder at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 828-337-4623.
92 cents of every dollar goes directly to end homelessness
A monthly gift allows you to spread the financial impact of your giving across the entire year, lessening a one-time drain on your resources. Also, recurring gifts help Homeward Bound as we can more accurately predict income in advance, which helps with longer range budgeting and decision-making.
Volunteers help us end homelessness
Come volunteer with us! We offer service experiences for individuals, faith communities, businesses, and schools and youth groups. Volunteers help us end homelessness in our region by helping provide much-needed services to people transitioning into a home.
Contribute to a Cause
Your clean and gently used household items can help others experience the comforts of home. Your donations go directly to women, men, and children moving in to new homes or are used at our Day Center. Donation receipts are available upon request.
News & Updates
About the Author, Kathy Izard Kathy Izard was a graphic designer, wife, mother of four daughters and volunteer at Charlotte’s Urban Ministry Center when an unlikely meeting with formerly homeless author. Denver Moore, changed the course of her life....read more
Malaprop’s Bookstore hosted a book launch and signing for Stay, Bobbie Pyron's new book, on August 13th in conjunction with Homeward Bound, soliciting gently used clothing and household items, as well as pet food and supplies to support animal companions whose humans...read more
Check out Chris and his story from StoryShare. He started out entering AHOPE while he was living outside, using it as an oasis for a shower, hot coffee and a place to pick up mail. After Chris moved into his own home, he decided to give back to AHOPE and help others...read more