Join our Creating Hope and Homes Gift Challenge!
Your donation between now and the end of the year will be matched dollar-for-dollar up to $100,000!
92 cents of every dollar goes directly to our programs to end homelessness. Donate below via credit card. You can also donate by check or money order at:
Homeward Bound of WNC
PO Box 1166
Asheville, NC 28802
Homeward Bound of WNC is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. Have questions or need help? Contact us at 828.785.9840 or email@example.com
Give a monthly donation and become a Loyalty Patron
One of the easiest ways to support Homeward Bound’s mission of ending homelessness is by making a monthly recurring donation through your debit or credit card. When you give online, there are no checks to mail, stamps to buy and much of the expense and hassle are eliminated.
A monthly donation allows you to spread the financial impact of your giving across the entire year, lessening a one-time drain on your resources. Also, recurring gifts help Homeward Bound as we can more accurately predict income in advance, which helps with longer range budgeting and decision-making.
We consider our supporters who choose to give to Homeward Bound on a monthly recurring basis our Loyalty Patrons. Your loyal support for Homeward Bound enables us to do the important work of ending homelessness in our community.
For more information contact Ben Fehsenfeld at Ben@homewardboundwnc.org or call 828-785-9840.
The Homeward Bound community includes caring staff, volunteers, board members, and people experiencing or moving out of homelessness. We believe that housing is a human right and use the “Housing First” national best practice to end homelessness. We care about the most vulnerable among us and work every day to help them improve their lives. Join us!
Photograph by Lynne Harty
The Key Society
The Key Society Giving Circle provides leadership funding for Homeward Bound’s work to end homelessness. Participants contribute a minimum of $1,200 a year in one-time or monthly donations.
Every dollar contributed leverages $4 in government funding. Contributions support each of Homeward Bound’s programs, including the AHOPE Day Center, Room in the Inn, PATH Outreach and our Permanent Supportive Housing programs. What can $1,200 pay for in our budget?
- Securing ID cards for 50 people
- Providing bus passes for 120 people for a month
- Furnishing homes when our folks move into them
- Providing case management for someone in housing for a year
Individual members of the Key Society currently contribute between $1,200 and $50,000 annually. Businesses, faith communities, and civic organizations can also join. Consider joining Homeward Bound’s Key Society today to help lead the way to ending homelessness in our area. You’ll be part of a group that creates a sustainable and diverse community where everyone has a safe and dignified place to call home.
IRA Charitable Rollovers
Taxpayers who are 70 ½ and older can make an IRA transfer of up to $100,000 directly to Homeward Bound and claim it as a tax-free IRA Charitable Rollover gift.
You can make a Charitable Rollover gift to Homeward Bound of WNC by following these guidelines:
- You must be 70 ½ or older when you make the gift and it must be from a traditional or Roth IRA. Retirement plans such as 401(K), 403(b), SIMPLE or SEP accounts do not quality.
- You may contribute up to $100,000 per individual, per year. Thus a spouses or partners can each give $100,000 from separate IRA accounts.
- Distributions must be made directly to Homeward Bound of WNC and completed by Dec. 31.
- The IRA charitable distribution is not included in your taxable income so there is not charitable deduction available.
- Transfers also count toward your required minimum distribution.
- The IRA charitable distribution may be used to fulfill a pledge.
- The IRA Charitable Rollover provision is a win-win for both you and Homeward Bound. It’s a way to take advantage of an incentive in the tax code and make a difference in the lives of many people in our community experiencing homelessness.
For more information about a gift of an IRA charitable distribution or a gift of stocks, contact Strategic Gifts Officer Jim Lowder at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 828-337-4623.
Ask A Question
Strategic Initiative: Ending Chronic Homelessness
People who are chronically homeless have been on the streets or in shelter for at least 12 months and have a disability. The longer people are homeless, the more complex their needs become: they develop chronic medical conditions that don’t get treated, their mental health deteriorates and substance use increases, and they often experience severe trauma because they don’t have a safe place to live. Additionally, their public costs are high because they use emergency medical services and are frequently incarcerated, often for misdemeanors related to living outside. People who’ve become chronically homeless are the some of the most vulnerable members of our community. They have the greatest need for permanent housing but the least opportunity to access it. Based on our current programs, we know that people who’ve been chronically homeless can be successful in housing when we provide the right supports to meet their needs.