More than $15.5 million has been raised toward our Home is Key campaign goal for the purchase and renovation of the supportive housing residence, Compass Point Village, on Tunnel Road. With your help, we can meet our total goal of $16.5 million, which will provide permanent supportive housing for 85 of our community’s most chronically homeless individuals.
Ending Chronic Homelessness
The Permanent Supportive Housing (PSH) model has been proven to resolve chronic homelessness. Homeward Bound’s existing PSH program at the Woodfin Apartments demonstrates just how successful these programs are at reducing clients’ interactions with the criminal justice and other public systems. In the year following their move into the Woodfin, residents’ bookings decreased by 65.3%.
Each resident at Compass Point Village will receive individualized, supportive services focused on housing stabilization and improving quality of life including:
- On-site case management: Each resident will have an individualized case management plan to enhance both housing stability and independence
- 24/7 support staff to quickly respond to resident needs and assure a safe environment for residents and guests
- Behavioral health services
- Social and educational activities
- Meals provided by community partners
- Job training
- A medical clinic
- And more services through our partnerships and collaborators
You Are the Key
With your support:
- 85 of the most fragile and chronically homeless individuals in our community will be housed, saving as much as $2 – $3 million annually.
- The Home is Key campaign will increase the stock of permanently affordable housing for people with the lowest median income and with the most barriers to accessing and maintaining housing.
- The Home is Key campaign will provide both stability and recovery for our community’s most vulnerable residents.
Home is Key
Take a tour of Home is Key with Jim Lowder
Listen to our Dwelling Podcast to learn how your donations can help make Home is Key a success.