Homeward Bound meets people where they are: in the woods, under bridges, on the street.
The Outreach team is focused on reaching the most vulnerable homeless individuals living on the streets of our community to connect them with permanent supportive housing, healthcare, disability income, and community mental health services. We meet people where they are: in the woods, under bridges, on the street.
The team identifies individuals for services through a variety of means, including street outreach, referrals from partners within law enforcement and local hospitals, as well as community referrals. Learn more about our housing services here.
What we do
- Connect people to resources (from id cards to housing, depending on situation)
- Provide some basic needs (toiletries, blankets, etc.)
- Build relationships and listen
- Meet people where they are
what we don’t do
- Guarantee housing
- Force people to work with us
- Move or breakdown camps
- Provide immediate response
- Provide a taxi service